Saturday, July 30, 2011

from my makeup bag to yours

One of the million & one reasons why I just love this time of the year is my summer tan! Tans immediately ooze the illusion of being skinner, healthier, and happier. Noo I'm not talking about a Snookie tan...no offense but YUCKSTER!
Right now my tan is exactly where it should be, leaving little room for the need for makeup {but I like to always make room}. My daytime make up routine has been narrowed down to 5 basic essentials that leave my face looking natural with a sprinkle of glow.

1. Dior Addict Lipsticks: I'm officially addicted!!! The packaging itself speaks volume, in fact it was the first thing that caught my attention even before I read any reviews 3 months ago. The application is so light and smooth, it almost feels like a lip balm. The color palettes range from sheer to very pigmented with over 40 shades to choose from!!! I literally spent an hour trialling and deciding which shade would be my first purchase {Miss Dior}. And the very next day, I went back to Sephora and bought 2 more {Rock n' Roll & Lip glow}.
1.Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm: this is not your regular lip balm! Not only does it provide moisture and sun protection, it also "responds to the color chemistry of your own lips to create a shade uniquely yours". This is definitely the holy grail of lip balms.
2.Miss Dior 343: natural nude pigmentation
3.Rock n' Roll 750: slightly sheer with a pinkish red tone

2. Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara: I'm always on the search for the perfect mascara, and after hearing great raves about this, I had to immediately try for myself. Results>>> Nothing short of amazing!!! The bristle are aligned precisely separating each lash to perfection and allowing for maximum length and volume!!! Oh and minimum smudging!

3. NARS Orgasm Blush: This is probably the most universally flattering and popular blush out there. Need I say more???

4. Laura Mercier Mineral Illuminating Powder Candlelight: "imparts a natural, healthy glow with the help of pure pearl powder and a rich Gemstone complex of diamonds, emeralds, and other precious and semi-precious stones. The Gemstone Complex captures and reflects light—making it the perfect complement to eyes, cheeks, or face. The formula's weightless texture provides sheer coverage and a radiant soft-focus effect that perfects any look." All that goodness in a 0.34 oz container... and it will last you forever {I had mine for nearly 2 years now and not even half way done}! Definitely the icing on the cake after applying my make up.

5. Laura Mercier Press Mineral Powder {Classic Beige}: this is my numro uno, my creme dela creme, can't live without beauty product/ makeup. It's my secret weapon against all evils {the sun, redness, blemishes, paleness}. It absolutely zaps away any hint of oil and leaves your face looking flawless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks dolls for all the love!!!