Wednesday, July 20, 2011

beat the heat

I l♥ve me some summer time, but this week has just been holy hotness, with no signs of cooling down!!! I prefer my summer days to stay perfectly nested in the 80s. Unfortunately living in Jersey you get the extremes of all four seasons, winter nights that drop into the one digits and summer days reaching into the 100s. With this sweltering heat & humidity, my appitite has dwindled {thank goodness} leaving me craving mostly for cool, light, refreshing, & mouth watering treats:)
beat the heat with these yummies:


1. Venti Shaken Ice Green Tea (Sweeten): my current love at Starbucks!
2. Panera Bread Fuji Apple Chicken Salad: "All-natural citrus-herb chicken, field greens, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, pecans, gorgonzola cheese, apple chips and a white balsamic & Fuji apple vinaigrette." It's pure deliciousness but minus the red onions & tomatoes!
3. Melona Ice Cream Bars: heaven I tell you! Savory creamy treat on a stick! {our freezer is filled with boxes of these}
4. Lychee Jello Cups: Yummster!!! These are insanely addicting especially when frozen!
5. Mangos: hands down my favorite fruit all year round!
6. Red Mango : healthy served in an invigorating mix of frozen yogurt sprinkled with your choice of toppings, but I like mine loaded with fresh strawberries, mangos, and mochi!
7. Blue Moon: Nothing beats a nice cold beer garnished with a slice of orange!

1 comment:

  1. Hello my beautiful sister!!! I'm back to blogging again, I love the MELONA! So refreshing!!! I miss you Kourt!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks dolls for all the love!!!