Tuesday, April 5, 2011

my man

Although hubby's birthday is not until the 14th of this month, our tradition has always been to start celebrating early. In our household, birthday gifts are a big deal! But before I get into the details of hubby's gifts, let me tell u a little bit more about my man. I'll start by adding a disclaimer:

***My hubby is obviously human and has many flaws. As I list all the wonderful qualities about him, I assure you that there is a list probably equally as long that annoy the heck out of me! But this post is strictly about my adoration for my man.***

With that said, My man is pretty incredible. He is the perfect balance of handsome but scruffy, sexy & meaty, smart & goofy, sweet & romantic. When it comes to my mood swings, his patience is almost limitless... almost being the operative word...there were a few occasions where he rightfully had to put my pain in da ass in check! He is someone who would rather spend his weekend out to dinner & a movie than in the clubs. At any event, he is the first one to crack a joke or make fun of his friends. Yesss, he can be a jerk at times, but he does it to their faces! Funny is an understatement. My man is kind. simple. ambitious. strong. sensitive. humble. respectful. athletic. hilarious. selfless. stylish. forgiving... one word that sums it all up is freaken A M A Z I N G!!!

What guy in their right mind would spend a day at the mall with his wife, sister-in-law, & mother-in-law without an ounce of complaint? My man
What man will come home on his lunch break to get laundry done so his sleeping beauty can get some rest? My man
What man will max out his credit cards to give his bride her dream wedding? My man
What man plays video games instead of complaining while his wife takes her time to get ready even though they are running late? My man
What man gives his girl a birthday card with Chris Rock's face & voice on it because it was funny? My man
What man surprises his wife at work on New Year's Eve so they can kiss at the stroke of midnight? My man
What man gives up his chance to get a Rolex so his wife can get one first? {now that's love!} My man
What man plays hooky from work so he can stay in bed with his lady? My man
What man often texts his wife just to remind her how much he loves her. My man

So, what do you get a man who is this amazing??? For the past several years, hubby's Christmas/birthday gifts have consist of paid vacations, flat screen tv, latest video game systems, MacBook, snowboards, fancy name brand shoes, clothing, & accessories to keep his swag on {sorry, I normally hate using the word swag}. That may make him sound a bit high maintenance but that's just the opposite! Hubby doesn't really ask for much. For the most part I'm always pushing him to get something over the top. So when he does finally decide on something, I do my best to provide.

Since Christmas, he has been babbling about Beats by Dre Studio Headphones but wanted to wait for the release of the iPad 2 to pair them with. I assumed that his Birthday wish list would compose of these items. When I asked him exactly what he wanted, I was shocked when he said a new set of tires. Tires??? WHT??? Who would ask for tires for their bday gift???... I guess my man! LOL!!! I don't drive, therefore I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to cars. Apparently tires are pretty costly and hubby just did not want to spend all that money on something practical. Well, guess what?.. either did I! Christmas/Birthdays are not meant for practical gifts!!!
To make a long story short... after a trip at the mall, hubs walked away with some cool new toys. As you all can see, we're not too big on surprise gifts.
1. New iPod Touch: Phew!!! Luckily for me, hubs decided on this instead of the iPad 2.
2. Beats by Dre Studio Headphones : I still don't get all the hype on these things. I personally prefer to have something with bling hanging from my ears, but that's just me.
3. Tires: although we haven't gone to get his new tires yet, we compromised that I would pay for a tire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks dolls for all the love!!!