Sunday, April 3, 2011

I'm a BARBIE girl in a BARBIE World

Barbie has only gotten more fabulous with age. Girlfriend is now 52 and she has never looked hotter!!! I now understand the obsession that designers and celebrities {Christian Dior, Karl Lagerfeld, Vera Wang, Rachel Roy, Burberry, Kimora Lee Simmons, Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton, Nicki Minaj, Lady GaGA...just to name a few} have for this girl! She is an icon... “having dressed through the decades as a fashion model, best friend and bride, Barbie is now an object of pop art.” –The New York Times

Although I probably haven't owned a barbie doll since I was 7, I've developed a new appreciation for her. I know I'm late getting on the Barbie bandwagon but I'm dying to get my hands on the all the dolls below! Seriously CHANEL & Louboutin... Barbie can't possibly get any fiercer than that! And if you look close enough, you can spot her sportin' a Tory Burch clutch! I honestly don't know what rock I was hiding under when members of CFDA {Council of Fashion Designers of America} which include Tory Burch and other designers such as Albertus Swanepoel, Alexis Bittar, Betsey Johnson, Kate Spade, Devi Kroell, Isaac Mizrahi, Subversive Jewelry, Lorraine Schwartz, Monica Botkier, Philip Crangi, & Rachel Roy partnered up with Mattel to each customize & fabulize their very own Barbie as part of 12 Barbie Basics Auction dolls {proceeds directly benefit CFDA education initiatives and scholarship program}. Unfortunately they are no longer available on ebay.
But fortunately for us, this girl ain't goin' nowhere, which means there is plenty to look forward to... & this time I have my eyes on her! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks dolls for all the love!!!