Saturday, May 15, 2010

choosing PARADISE

After mentally reflecting on my to do list... I knew I had to start hustling and start checking off some of the majors listed on my list. Top on our priority was definitely the honey moon!!! The honey moon will sadly mark the ending of this colossal event in our lives and mark the beginning of our blissful life together... so the location is undeniably crucial to us.
Hubby and I conclusively agreed that BORA BORA in the French Polynesian Islands would be our ultimate dream getaway. But we knew that the price would be discouraging... So imagine my excitement after initially meeting with our travel agent, who found amazing deals @ the ST. REGIS RESORT in Bora Bora. I could not believe my ears.. I can already picture myself looking down at the tropical fishies from the living room floor of our private over water bungalows.
But like many things... "if it's too good to be true... it PROBABLY IS"!!! Unfortunately after speaking to our travel agent (dream crusher) again, she informed us that although the resorts are offering unbelievable prices, the airfare prices were not so friendly. It turns out that the flight alone will cost as much as the actual honeymoon totaling the whole package close to $11,000 which is absolutely ridiculous and absurd!!! Needless to say we will not be saying Hello to BORA BORA=(
good bye Bora Bora!!! I will always have you in my dreams... *sigh*
ladies

possible options...
Paradisus Playa, COSTA RICA
ladies
ladies
I ♥ the idea of being nested in the center of the rain forest and surrounded by beaches at the same time!
Santorini Island, GREECE,
ladies
ladies
Greece is absolutely breathtaking and was my second runner up... but given their recent economic troubles and on going riots, now may not be the best time to be traveling there. But who can possibly resist that magnificant view!
AMANYARA, TURKS AND CAICOS
ladies
ladies
The Amanyara in Turks and Caicos screams absolute luxury and seclusion!!! It's exactly what I picture when I think about Edward and Bella's private island honeymoon! (YES, I'm a complete Twilight die hard fan)
Jade Mountain, ST. LUCIA
ladies
ladiesladies

St. Lucia is another one of the many gorgeous islands of the Caribbean that I'm dying to visit. Although I &hearts the Caribbean, a major disadvantage is their hurricane season... poor us, September falls right in the middle of it, which definitely limits our options =(
We will be making our final decision this week, so I will surely keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks dolls for all the love!!!