Tuesday, January 25, 2011

work in progress

A few post back, I may have mentioned about "our move". Although I did say that I would go more into detail about the whole process, I have decided to omit those "complexities" because, regrettably I still render some animosity towards the whole situation. So to make a long story short & sweet, I will say that hubby and I ended up comfortably nesting exactly where we belong ♥
Since October, hubby & I have been working on redecorating the master bedroom. I was very excited (to say the least) on tackling this project. Not only do I finally get my walk-in closet , but hubby gets one too! Annndd... We also get our very own master bathroom with a jacuzzi! Unfortunately, due to the holidays and a case of the lazies, we temporarily took a hiatus from our little project. But with the new year, I'm ready to finally put this baby to bed!
I knew immediately that our color palates would consist shades of grays, whites, and browns with rusted silver metal accents. To be honest, I can do without the browns but I had to incorporate our bedroom set somehow. Our budget doesn't include all new furniture, so we have to work with what we got. I guess my white quilted head board with silver studded boarder will sadly have to wait:(
More than anything I wish I can show you pictures of our final product, but what can I say, it's a work in progress. Normally I'm a very compulsive shopper. If I see something I like, I buy it...which accounts for most of the items in my "what were you thinking" pile. Like a true Gemini, I loose interest in things very quickly, but I've learned that when it comes to furniture or anything that you have to see or use on a daily bases, it better be something you truly love. So I've been taking my sweet time finding and saving up for my must have pieces!
I'm looking forward to the day when I can finally show my before & after shots!
Below is a wall of my inspirations. wants.must haves. & great buys:
1. The first major decision we had to make was deciding on the wall color. Hubby and I conclusively agreed that we wanted gray. Problem was, there was a million shades of gray!!! We both wanted a shade that wasn't too light or too dark. Luckily a good friend of ours works for Benjamin Moore, and not only was he able to provide us a sample color palate...but he also hooked it up with a great discount!!!

2. LOVE the combination of chic & minimization in these bedrooms! Those headboards and bed frames... s i g h*** I bet it must feel like sleeping inside a giant CHANEL BAG! lol! And those white French antique dressers are to die for!!!

3.Initially I wanted solid white/ivory bedding and linens, but since hubby and I both love eating in bed, I decided to nix that idea. As luck would have it, we found this bedding set that incorporated our color palate.

4.The origin of my inspiration!!! You know I just can't resist adding CHANEL somewhere in the mix. This is numero uno in my "I want" list.

5. the chandelier.The great compromise. I wanted something with sparkles and bling, he wanted to keep the ceiling fan. In the end, we agreed on this lovely item.

6. Every girl needs a full length body mirror!!! The one we purchased it not quite as big as this one, but it's def not as expensive either!

7. Majorly crushing on these white glossed canisters!

8. Eeny, meeny, miny, moe... I'll be more than happy to take either one of these!

9. I ♥ decorative pillows!!! The more the better!!!

10. We chose these simple brushed nickel rods to compliment our white curtains.

11. Lamps are a must! can you guess which one is from Target?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks dolls for all the love!!!