Thursday, November 18, 2010

back into the swing of things

It's been quite some time now since I had the opportunity to spend some quiet "me time" . Between moving back and forth, and my work schedule being turned upside down, life was a little crazed for a moment, leaving me no time to write.
So please excuse my absence.
I think the subject on the move deserves its own blog entry so I'll save that one for later... but a major reason for my absence was also due to my temporary change of schedule for work. For those who don't know, I'm a Maternal Child Health (MB, peds, & NICU) RN and work 12hr night shift (7p-7a) 3x a week...(when I do most of my babbling and writing lol!)! I was asked by my supervisors to become what they call a "super users" to help teach and implement a new computer charting program for the hospital. When I agreed to do it, I didn't know all that it entails. I didn't realized right away the major perks in it for me=) First and most importantly, NO WORK on weekends until January!!!! (who can possibly say no to that). Second, I was able to manipulate my schedule to include NO HOLIDAYS either!!! (which I could not be more ecstatic about because this would be mine and BJ's first Holiday Season being married) I would also have to switch to the day shift (7a-7p) for 3 weeks. Initaily I thought awesome more time to spend with the hubby and more time to tackle some of the million things that needed to get done....Right!?!... WRONG!!!...Waking up and being ready by 6:30 am was complete torture...especially during these past chilly mornings! Although I would be home by 7:30pm leaving me plently of time to do things ... all I would want to do is bury myself under the covers and snuggle next to my husband and be a lazy dog. Not exactly the productivity I had in mind. Although I ♥ sleeping next to my hubby every night, there was a small part of me that couldn't wait to go back to my regular schedule. Usually after a long night at work, I love coming home to an empty quiet house (it's daytime so the scary factor is out the window) and having the bed all to myself to sleep in...hubby is a major bed hog, so I have to enjoy those moments.
Which I'm glad to say is exactly what I'm doing this very second=)
I'm sure on some level hubby is glad I'm back on my night shift duty too, this way he can go back to enjoying his video games and ESPN channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks dolls for all the love!!!