Saturday, November 27, 2010

falling for fall

"SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!" (thanks Rachel Zoe for forever embedding that phrase in my personal dictionary) I can't believe Thanksgiving is over!!! BTW, I hope everyone had a wonderful Turkey Day! Despite the cold weather, it still hasn't fully hit me yet that fall has come full steam ahead. I don't always share my husband's enthusiasm for the fall season. In fact, I have a Love & Hate relationship with fall. I find it to be a very melancholy season. How can you not... It forces you to say "good bye" to cute summer dresses, natural summer tans, beach days, bbqs, ice coffees, outdoor flip cup and relay (I'm a frat boy at heart... ♥ beer games), and that natural "carefree feeling" that summer brings. And now I've been forced to say "hello" to shorten days and longer nights, fake heat (which has become absolutely brutal to my poor nose), and unwanted extra pounds that I certainly can do without!!! These cold and gloomy days have left me feeling lazy and forever craving hot & fatty lattes (caramel brûlée lattes to be exact) and comfort foods. And it certainly doesn't help knowing I can cover up all the extra pounds with comfy layers of clothes.... which subsequently leaves any type of motivation to work out in complete hibernation.
Don't get me wrong, like I said... it's a l o v e & hate relationship. I adore the color changes of the leaves (breathtaking), but hate that they fall everywhere and I mean everywhere (so messy)! ♥ ♥ ♥ shopping for fall fashion, but hate hate hate the crowded malls that the holidays bring. LOVE knowing that Christmas is merely a few weeks away, but absolutely hate that one of the BEST years of my life is coming to and end:(
Maybe that's why I've been so bitter about this particular autumn season... It has been a constant reminder that my wedding is over! I know, I know... I need to get over it. But give me a break people!!! It's only been 2 months, but with all the changes the fall season brings, it makes it feel as if it had been months and months ago. I can't help but miss it all! Actually as I sit here thinking about my wedding day, I'm continually reminded how extremely fortunate I am not only in love but in every aspect of my life! I may not be rich in the physical sense of wealth, but I have everything I can ever need and more! I'm truly a lucky girl!
With the passing of Thanksgiving... My relationship with fall has quickly leaned back to love! Being in the presence of my amazing family has left me feeling incredibly blessed and eternally grateful!
Oh and as continuing proof that I have the best husband in the world...I was able to convince him to join the maddness of black Friday for the very first time together! I must say, not a single complaint from him considering I got him up at the crack of dawn! We survived the day with flying colors! And as icing on the cake, I even walked away with a pre Christmas gift! Thank you sweetie for my iPad ! I'm putting it to good use as we speak.... Or should I say " as I write".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks dolls for all the love!!!