Sunday, July 25, 2010

sweet 30

This past week had been nothing but birthdays galore in my family. Between my mother-in-law{?}, my brother {31st}, and my sister's {30th} birthdays, I'm exhausted!!!
For my mother-in-law (soon to be), we kept it traditional and took her out for a nice dinner with just the four of us (BJ, his dad, and I of course). Actually I should rephrase that.... once we remembered it was her birthday, we took her out for a nice dinner with just the four of us! LOL!!! Yes, I know... shame on us for forgetting her birthday... well SHAME on BJ for forgetting his own mom's birthday!!! tsk tsk babe!!!(Technically, I should get a pass because that's his mom... I on the other hand will never do such a thing!) Finally halfway through the day, we were kindly reminded by a text from his cousin. We immediately rushed to the bakery and got a cake, bought a gift and cute balloons, wrote a thoughtful card, and took her out to dinner... and pretended to surprise her. I can only imagine what the poor woman was going through thinking that her only son forgot her birthday!!! :( All in all, I think we pulled off the "surprise" well... and hopefully she will never know!
My brother's 31st birthday was surprisingly tamed... I guess the tornado watch for that day had a little something to do with it. (tornado??? in Jersey??? in Bergen County??? seriously??? world is definitely coming to an end!) But as always, his birthday ended with him past out cold in his car while the rest of us enjoyed the night :D OOoooh Brother!!!
Now for my Dear Sissy's big THREE OOOHHH...
Everyone that knows my sister, knows that she is definitely not a party animal (to say the least)... so a big shin dig was certainly not in the picture! So as a token of appreciation for everything she has done for me and the wedding... I decided to throw her a little "SWEET 30" surprise =D Just a small gathering of our family filled with love, food, and of course sweets !!! Unfortunately my sister is not very camera happy, therefore it's rare that you'll see her in any photos... she is such a party pooper, but we still ♥ her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks dolls for all the love!!!