Sunday, April 18, 2010

Something New...

hello kitty hello kitty
My adoration of weddings and all thing pretty started long before I was engaged. Before my life became consumed with wedding planning... one of my favorite things I love to do is read. I can spend hours reading and indulging in a great book. I probably can spend days wondering through a Barnes & Noble store... all I need is a venti green tea latte or a white chocolate mocha and I'm good; ) During one of my many visits to Barnes & Nobles, I came across a book that attracted me mainly because of its cover. This was definitely a time where the saying " don't judge a book by its cover" literally did NOT apply lol!!! I immediately purchased the book assumingly it was a story based on a romantic comedy. After reading the first few pages... I was absolutely hooked!!! The story surprisingly did not focus on any actual wedding, but on friendship, love, change, and most of all on "lessons learned". Emily Giffen has become one of my favorite authors... her books are witty, funny, and thoughtful... she is what I consider a "girl's type" of author. I definitely recommend that you go out to your nearest bookstore and purchase her books if you're looking for a heartfelt but lighthearted story for your next read. Oh by the way... don't make the same mistake as I did... I did not know that her first two books are sort of part 1 and part 2, so foolishly I read the wrong one first. So be sure to read Something Borrowed first!!! Enjoy = )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks dolls for all the love!!!