Sunday, April 18, 2010

All that Glitters

My immediate thought above all else when it comes to the topic of weddings is the Engagement Ring!!! After all, you simply can't carry out any wedding plans without having a proposal first.
When choosing my diamond, there was absolutely no question about it... My absolute favorite diamond shape is an Emerald Cut... it screams classic elegance!!! Unfortunately there are a few flaws in an emerald cut that I'm willing to bypass. For all you emerald cut lovers, here a few things to keep in mind: The emerald cut is a square, stepped shape with cropped corners. The way the elements work together, through facet shapes, angles, and sizes, creates a diamond with less brilliance and light dispersion than a round cut diamond. The emerald cut’s open table makes it easier for an observer to judge the clarity, color, and cut of the diamond. For this reason, when selecting an emerald cut diamond, it is important not to skip on these three qualities, especially clarity and color.
For complete guidance when purchasing a diamond visit: http://gia4cs.gia.edu/ Ladies you may want to keep this site handy for your significant other. I must say my fiance did a superb job (with guidance of course) on selecting my gorgeous engagement ring. But as beautiful as my ring was, I recently had an upgrade on my setting... but not because I didn't adore my initial ring, but because the setting would have created a gap between my engagement ring and wedding band when worn together... and that just was not the look I was going for. SO LISTEN UP LADIES!!! when choosing your setting... it is imperative that you know exactly how you want your rings to fit and adjust to each other. Definitely consult with a jeweler regarding the placement of the prongs and how high or low the diamond should be placed. With my new setting placed perfectly around my ring finger, I've fallen in ♥ with my ring and fiance all over again!!! Thank you for being the most loving and amazing man I ever met=)
tacoritacori
The Tacori ring above is my absolute ideal ring and was used as an inspiration for my first setting... I love the micro pave around the emerald diamond... and the intricate details on the platinum band gives it a classic look with a vintage flair!!! One day...**sigh**
hello kitty
Although I only give this book about 2 1/2 stars... I ♥ the cover!!! A Christian Louboutin heel with all three of my favorite cut diamonds... how can you possibly go wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks dolls for all the love!!!