Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Rehearsal Dinner

After indecisively choosing where to have our dinner rehearsal, my in-laws volunteered to host the event at their backyard. It was very generous of them to do this considering they have already done so much for us and the wedding. Initially, as grateful and appreciative as I was, I was quite reluctant to take the offer... even though financially it would take a nice load off our backs. Reason for my hesitation was I knew that if we held the rehearsal at their home, I would still be responsible in running around, decorating , setting up, cleaning up and micromanaging (something I certainly did not want to be doing 2 days before my wedding)... as oppose to going to a restaurant where everything is pretty much all set up for you. Even though BJ assured me that he and his parents would take care of everything, I knew deep down I just could not stand by and do nothing. At any other given day, I would jump at any opportunity to plan another event, but at this point I was just completely exhausted and my stress level was at its peak. In the midst of all the planning, everything definitely started to take a toll on me. I became short tempered, easily annoyed and irritable, and eventually had a mini meltdown. But after a good cry and prayer, and a very comforting fiance, I was able to breath and compose myself. And I'm happy to report that the next day, we had a wonderful dinner rehearsal. Everything came out beautifully! The food was delicious, and everyone had a great time=D
thank you for my pretty cake Jess P! you did such a FAB job
The Gifts: I've been absolutely crushing on paper suitcases for about forever now... and I'm soo excited that I've found the perfect opportunity to put them to use! Since I possibly couldn't choose just one gift for my bridal presents, I decided to get them a collection of little trinkets that I know they would all love! And these paper suitcases are the perfect way to package them all in!
♥ personalized tags♥
I ♥ these zodiac necklaces from bcbg maxazria!!! They make the perfect bridesmaid's gift! Love how the bling aligns to create each constellation and when you flip it over your specific Zodiac sign is engraved on it... It adds such a sentimental touch to each gift. Luckily for me the store had each of my MOHs/bridesmaids's Signs! And of course I just couldn't resist and had to buy one for myself!
LOL Cameras from Urban Outfitter added the perfect touch to help capture the moments.
♥ j.crew jeweled flip flops ♥
+ j.crew gift card ♥
I ♥ Kiehls!

Not pictured: MOHs also received Banana Republic bracelets and matching rings. Best men and Groomsmen also received some cool gifts: YSL Cologne, Personalized engrave beer mugs with cigars, and mini bottles of Henny!

as you can probably tell, I looked absolutely exhausted in the video! but It was worth it =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks dolls for all the love!!!